Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Didn't I Think of That--Chicken

I was recently talking with a friend of mine about what we were making for dinner that night.  I told her I had a bottle of BBQ sauce and some chicken breasts in the slow cooker.  She was shocked and amazed that she didn't think of that herself.  Being inspired by that phone conversation--here are some things that I have done in my slow cooker with a few chicken breasts and 1-2 ingredients:

*3-4 Chicken breasts; bottle of BBQ sauce--cook on low 5-6 hours
*3-4 Chicken breasts; bottle of Italian salad dressing--cook on low 5-6 hours
*3-4 Chicken breasts; jar of salsa--cook on low 5-6 hours

You can click here for my link to soup covered chicken which is along these same lines.

If you have other ideas or recipes that you have tried with a few chicken breasts and 1-2 other ingredients, please leave a comment.  I would love some more "Why Didn't I Think of That--Chicken" ideas!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Swiss and Stuffing Chicken:
-shredded swiss cheese
-4 chicken breasts
-1 box stove top stuffing
-1 stick butter (melted)
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-milk (same amt of soup can)

Place frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. Layer with swiss cheese (as much as you want). Pour combined soup and milk over. Cover with stuffing. Pour melted butter on stuffing. Cook on high approx 4 hours.