Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cream Cheese Brownies

I know the title of this recipe sounds odd, but trust me when I say these are REALLY good!  My mom and I are always asked for the recipe when we bring these somewhere.  I am going to layout the recipe a little different this time.

To Make the Cream Cheese Layer:
Mix together a 3 oz package of cream cheese (softened) with 2 tbsp. of butter (softened).  Then add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. flour, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring.  Set aside.

To Make Chocolate Layer:
Melt a 4 oz package of Paker's German Sweet Chocolate with 2 tbsp. of butter over low heat.  Let cool.  In a seperate bowl, beat 2 eggs.  Slowly add 3/4 cup sugar, add 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup of unsifted flower.  Then add the chocolate mix.  Add 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring.  Set asside.

To Make Brownies:
in a 8 x 8 pan, pour 1/2 chocolate mixture into the pan, then pour cream cheese mixture, then pour in the rest of the chocolate mixture over the cream cheese mixture.  Take a think knife and swirl through the batter.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.

Recipe from my mom, Sue.

No comments: