Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slowcooker Monterey Chicken

Ingredients:
*3-4 chicken breasts
*1 clove garlic, minced
*2 tsp. chili powder
*1 tsp. oregano
*1 tsp. cumin
*1 tsp. salt
*1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, including juices
*juice from one lime
*1 Tbsp. flour
*1/2 c. chicken broth
*2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:
1.) Mix chicken broth and flour in a small bowl to make a thickener. Set aside.
2.)  Add to the crock pot the rest of the ingredients except the chicken and cheese.
3.)  Pour the chicken broth mixture in, and then add the chicken on top.
4.)  Cook on low 7-8 hours.
5.)  Take chicken out and shred it.
6.)  Put it back in the crock pot, along with the cheese.
7.)  Let it cook for another 10-20 minutes on high, or until cheese is melted.
8.)  Serve over rice or in a tortilla.

Side note:
My husband and I ate the chicken and rice in a tortilla.  I have to say that this is up there as one of my favorite crock pot recipes!

Original recipe found here.

1 comment:

rosealenephoto said...

Love this idea!!!! I'll be checking back OFTEN :) and I will let you know when I cook them :)